Spring is finally upon us! I mean, I thought the beginning of March signalled the start of Spring, but apparently March 20th is the official start. The more you know. Suddenly Spring cleaning tips are being shoved down my throat and everyone I know seem to be changing up their homes. But for those of you, like me, who don’t have the budget to start ripping out walls and replacing your sofas, I’ve found — cheap home accessories you’ll want for Spring!
As you know, Autumn was all about coppers, rose golds and muted shades. But with Spring finally here, it’s time to liven your home up a bit! I’d love to give you a homeware haul of all of these things, I really would, but even though they might individually be great for budget buyers, together they add up to a formidable amount.
I’ve scoured a whole bunch of top shops, and picked out some of the best Spring-themed home accessories I could find. Whether you pick just one of these, or a few of the cheapest things, it’ll be like giving your home a mini makeover!
- 1 37 Cheap Home Accessories You’ll Want For Spring!
- 2 1/ Vases With Wildflowers
- 3 2/ Change Up Your Lighting
- 4 3/ Update To Spring Cushions
- 5 4/ Bring In Some Spring Smells
- 6 5/ Put Up Some Colourful Art Prints
- 7 6/ Update Your House With Some Cheap Home Accessories
- 8 SEE MORE: The Best Subscription Boxes In The UK: Gift Guide >>
37 Cheap Home Accessories You’ll Want For Spring!
1/ Vases With Wildflowers
1. Taper Vase In Yellow from Tesco – £8.00
2. Yellow Rim Jug from Tesco –
was £25.00, NOW £7.50
3. Emma Bridgewater Pink Wallpaper Mustard Vase from John Lewis – £14.95
4. Capri Posy Vase in Peacock from John Lewis – £22.00
5. Retro Chic Bottle with Rope Tie set of 3 from The Range – £4.99
6. Yellow Honeycomb Vase from George Home – £12.00
Hey, it’s expensive to be continually buying fresh flowers to spruce up your home with. And we all know the fake ones never really cut it unless they’re super realistic looking (and therefore, super expensive). So I absolutely loved one of the tips from an Infographic by Good to be Home in one of HonestMum’s lovely posts; fallen branches and wildflowers can be just as pretty as freshly cut flowers from a shop, and often make statement pieces.
I mean, obviously don’t go around ripping flowers out of people’s gardens, but if you’re in a place where you know it’s ok to cut (carefully) some of the wildflowers out without harming the rest, then go for it. The examples I’ve found are beautiful, and this means all you’ll need is to buy the vase, and then you’re set for the rest of spring!
Just make sure you stick to bright colours, especially if you want a vase you can’t see-through.
2/ Change Up Your Lighting
7. Coco Yellow Plastic Light Shade from Habitat – £12.00
8. Tipp Orange Small Tapered Lampshade from Habitat – £7.00
9. Tommy Yellow Metal Desk Lamp from Habitat – £18.00
10. Glass Globe Lamp from George Home –£15.00
11. Cosy Skandi Collection Retro Desk Lamp from Dunelm-Mill – £17.99
12. Floral Drum Light Shade in Pink from George Home – £8.00
13. Glass Table Lamp from George Home – £20.00
If you want a smaller purchase than new curtains or blinds, then look to your lighting. Try to keep things bright to add a bit of colour to your rooms; lampshades are easy enough to change, and some of the table and desk lamps above are gorgeous. I particularly like the globe lamp even though it’s a darker colour, it’s very unusual!
I’ve recently changed the lampshade in my living room to a bright yellow colour, and it’s amazing what a difference this makes. Including that, plus a few stand out pieces like a vibrant cushion and a few colourful photo frames really brightened up my room and made it feel much more ready for spring.
I know I’ve picked out a lot of yellow for you above, but if you hate yellow or just vibrant colours in general, and you prefer more muted tones, go for things like the last lamp on the list. It’s a standout from it’s delicate features rather than a dazzlingly bright colour.
3/ Update To Spring Cushions
14. Embroidered Retro Flower Cushion from Next – £16.00
15. Zebra Chenille Cushion from BHS –
was £26.00, Now £12.99
16. Turquoise Leaf Cushion from Debenhams –
was £25.00, Now £12.50
17. Geometric Cushion from Next – £12.00
18. Floral Slogan Cushion from George Home – £7.00
19. Designer beige neon geometric bead cushion from Debenhams –
was £28.00, Now £8.40
Cushions are, by far, the easiest way to change your home for the different months. And as far as being cheap home accessories; I think you can find some absolutely gorgeous cushions for tiny prices, if you know where to look.
Asda is killing it this season when it comes to cushions. Know how I found that out? Because it was so ridiculously difficult to pick any of their cushions for this list; they were constantly sold out! They’ve restocked now though, and my favourite from this list that’ll easily keep it’s place in your home right through to Summer is the ‘Eat Drink Lounge Relax’ slogan cushion.
If that’s a bit too loud for you though, go for pastel shades. They’re much softer, much more ‘Spring’ related, and they’re just as cheap for all of us on a budget.
4/ Bring In Some Spring Smells
20. ILLUME Pineapple Cilantro Sketchbook Ceramic Soy Candle from TK Maxx – £9.99
21. Kenneth Turner Set of Three Rose Fragranced Reed Diffusers from TK Maxx – £12.99
22. Yankee Candle Everyday Votive Set of 6 from George Home – £6.00
23. STONEGLOW Cotton Scented Gel Candle from TK Maxx – £7.99
24. Wax Lyrical Large Reed Diffuser Red Cherries from George Home – £6.00
Let me be clear – I’m not telling you to go out and buy the latest Spring fragrances. It’s always expensive to buy for the season you’re on, so you’re just going to have to make do with updating the smell of your home with a more general smell (oh come on, you can’t even tell the difference). I mean, really, just check out the latest updates on the Yankee Candle website and you’ll choke at the price.
I think all of the candles above would do a great job of clearing out the heavy Winter smells you’ve been sporting for the last few months, and start to bring in the freshness of Spring. And if not; at least they look nice. Although these all smell great, they’re brilliant cheap home accessories because they look the part too. Take the Stoneglow candle as an example, because cotton isn’t really the stereotypical scent of Spring, but the container looks lovely enough that no one would know!
Diffusers aren’t talked about as often as candles, but I actually prefer them sometimes. I’ve tried Wax Lyrical diffusers before, and they’re my favourite for strong, fresh smells. Just pop one in your bathroom, or living room, and you’ll notice the difference almost immediately.
5/ Put Up Some Colourful Art Prints
25. Colourful Bird Print from Not On The Highstreet – £12.99 (A4)
26. Live Happy Canvas from Next – £20.00
27. Prince’s Trust Freshly Squeezed Hanging Sign from George Home – £2.00
28. Bonjour Amour, Bon Jour Print from Not On The Highstreet – £20.00 (A3)
29. White Wooden Box Photo Frame from Debenhams – £5.00 – £15.00 (depending on size)
30. Framed Butterflies from George Home – £12.00
Don’t bother venturing onto Amazon for your artsy wall pieces. Trust me, it’s a wasteland of motivational quotes in horrific fonts that you’re encouraged to stick above your toilet (or even on the lid, is that really necessary?) and Frozen characters for all rooms of your house. No thanks.
The prints above are all well and good; just remember to double-check what you’re actually buying. Is it framed or unframed? Is it a canvas print or a hanging sign? You don’t want to think you’ve paid £20.00 for a framed picture only to realise you’ll need to fork out for a frame when it arrives.
Art prints really do make fantastic cheap home accessories, but if none of the prints above take your fancy, just do a search for free printables and you’ll find a whole bunch of lovely designs people have made for you to use however you like in your home.
I only spotted this ‘Happy Spring’ one just as I was finishing off this post, funnily enough. It’s from the wonderful Fab over at SnailMailLove, so head there if you’d like to print one off for yourself or use as a phone background for this month! My plan is to get a few of the Debenhams frames I’ve shown you above, and to print out some of my favourite free pictures like this one, and to pop them around my living room to liven it up a bit.
6/ Update Your House With Some Cheap Home Accessories
31. Fridge Jotter from Debenhams – £6.00
32. HOME BAZAAR Pink Heart Cutout Wooden Birdhouse from TK Maxx – £16.99
33. Retro Alarm Clock from George Home – £5.00
34. Rabbit Bell Jar from George Home –
was £7.00, Now £5.00
35. SHEFFIELD HOME Teal Laundry Hampers from TK Maxx – £9.99 – £19.99 (depending on size)
36. Dickins & Jones Dotty Hiballs Set Of 4from House Of Fraser –
was £25.00, Now £7.50
37. Designer blue ‘You’ve got mail’ holder from Debenhams – £15.00
You don’t need to update all of your cushions every season. You really don’t need to start replacing all your lamps either. I’ve just been trying to show you one or two things you could decide to buy that would really lighten up your home for Spring.
If you don’t want to invest in something more substantial, these are 7 small cheap home accessories. Just get one and it’ll brighten up a room (or your garden in the case of the birdhouse; birds need looking after in Spring too you know!).
If I had to pick one thing from this entire list which I’d just love to have in my home for Spring though, it’d be the You’ve Got Mail holder. The pastel blue is a perfect colour for Spring, and it’d really stand out against a white desk.
If you want to do something a little more creative for Spring, turn those glasses above into pen holders for your office. Just fill them with sand or small stones, about 3 quarters of the way up, and stick your pens into them. They’ll be held still, and look much better than a standard boring pen pot.
Have you spotted any cheap home accessories you think would be perfect additions to this post? Let me know in the comments below, or over on Facebook or Twitter and I’ll happily add them in. Remember to share this with any friends you think would like it!